Lava Therapeutics seeks a new team member:
Sr. Research Associate (RA) Molecular Biology/Cell Biology/Immunology
Lava Therapeutics (LAVA) is a start-up company that generates and develops next generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the treatment of cancer. LAVA started its operations in 2017 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from the VU University Medical Center / Cancer Center Amsterdam. The company is now located at the Science Park in Utrecht. Expanding our team with new, talented employees is key to LAVA’s future success.
Working at LAVA
LAVA Therapeutics offers an attractive set of labor conditions, recognizing and rewarding its highly talented and motivated employees. This includes the ability to work together with a group of highly experienced leaders and professionals, who all have a track-record of success in their field of business and in Life Science industry. We offer flexible working hours, a premium-free pension plan, 30 paid vacation days, opportunities for growth and development and a professional working environment, in which hard working is balanced with fun.
Our Core Values
Our company culture is built on five important Core Values: Innovation, Teamwork, Results-orientation, Flexibility and Fun. We understand that innovation is at the heart of what we do. We drive the ability to innovate and we all have a strong awareness about emerging scientific and business opportunities. We work closely as a team, have a constructive and collaborative mindset and we put the common interest of the company above our own individual interest. We have a strong orientation on results, we meet agreed goals in a timely and efficient manner and we deliver on our promises. We are flexible, adapt well to changing circumstances and work well under pressure. Finally, we all contribute to a safe, professional and enjoyable workplace in which people are treated respectfully and diversity is embraced.
As Sr. Research Associate you are part of a team of (Sr.) research associates with whom you closely collaborate. You strengthen your team with your up-to-date knowledge of- and experience in the field of molecular biology and immunology. You use your knowledge of safety and lab procedures to ensure that our laboratory operates smoothly. Managerial duties generally include reordering supplies and maintaining biological safety and security standards.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- A completed HLO education/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- An innovative, goal-oriented, flexible and collaborative mindset
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of molecular biology and immunology
- 3+ years of biotech experience
- Experienced in setting up novel experiments and techniques independently
- Capable of running experiments in parallel / able to work in a flexible manner. Knows how to work according to and maintain a quality system, which includes adhering to procedures and concisely documenting results
- Ensures that employees follow industry laboratory standards and safety regulations
- Is co-responsible for storing, maintaining and distributing Lava’s compound and cell line collection
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Proven ability to work with research partners and/or CROs.
- A full time position
- A permanent position after one year of temporary contract and a positive appraisal
- Salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards
- A set of excellent labor conditions
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com referring to the Sr. Research Associate vacancy.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.