Lava Therapeutics searches a new team member:
Lava Therapeutics (LAVA) is a start-up company that creates and develops next generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the curative treatment of cancer.
LAVA started its operations in 2017 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from Dr. Hans van der Vliet’s group at the VU University Medical Center and Cancer Center Amsterdam. In 2018, LAVA raised EUR 16 million in its first major institutional financing round that will allow LAVA to develop a lead candidate for clinical testing and broaden its pipeline and bispecific γδ T cell engager platform. In the coming two years, two compounds will be brought to the clinic. Expanding our team with new, talented, employees is key to LAVA’s future success. The company is based in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
LAVA offers an attractive set of labor conditions, recognizing and rewarding its highly talented and motivated employees. This includes the ability to work together with a group of highly experienced leaders and professionals who all have a track-record of success in their field of business and in Life Science industry, we offer flexible working hours, a premium-free pension plan, 30 paid vacation days, opportunities for growth and development and a professional working environment in which hard working is balanced with fun.
The Program Manager
- Is responsible for project management of LAVA’s programs in general, and will be responsible for the development program to bring a LAVA compound to the clinical proof of concept phase..
- Writes the development plan based on the company goals and objectives
- Will develop detailed project planning, generate project budget proposals in consultation with stakeholders, and track progress in order to keep oversight of all activities
- Will chair regular project meetings, coordinate resources, providing minutes with action lists to move projects forward efficiently.
- Ensures timely, open and effective communication within the project team and with other stakeholders
- Supports the decision making in LAVA’s stage gate project governance.
- Measures project performance and ensure that agreed deliverables and milestones are met on time, within budget and scope.
We are seeking a self-motivated, energetic and detail-oriented program manager with a proven knowledge of project management in the biotech industry, and experience with managing projects from compound selection to full development including clinical. Experience with development of oncology and or immunology products is preferred.
Desired skills and Experience
- M.Sc. or PhD in (bio-)medical, biological, or biotechnology sciences or equal by experience
- At least 10 years of drug development experience in different phases of development
- At least 5 years of program management experience in a biotech environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of professionals and external parties. Strong leadership and communicative skills.
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Part time/Full time position (80-100%)
- Permanent position after one year temporary contract and a positive appraisal
- Salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to email@example.com referring to the Program Manager vacancy.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.