Position based in Philadelphia, PA or Utrecht, NL
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Development and Portfolio Strategy, LAVA is seeking a Senior Manager/Associate Director of Corporate Development to support multiple areas within Corporate Development and Portfolio Strategy, including strategy, business development, and business assessments. This role will work with stakeholders across the company, including R&D and corporate functions.
- Create opportunity assessments of competitors and potential targets to inform company strategy
- Develop and maintain analyses of current and future standard of care across tumor types, to inform portfolio strategy
- Lead financial modelling and valuation
- Coordinate due diligence with supervision across multiple functional areas, including research, clinical, regulatory, manufacturing, finance, legal
- Contribute to term sheet development
- Develop presentations to inform senior management decisions
- Support Alliance Management for existing collaborations
The successful candidate should have strong learning agility and enjoy working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (major in a biological science preferred)
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in strategy consulting, investment banking, VC, or a business function within a biotech/pharma company
- Ability to work collaboratively and across functions
- Ability to work in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Oncology experience preferred but not required
A full time position. A set of excellent labour conditions. A permanent position after one year of temporary contract and a positive appraisal. Salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards.
Working at LAVA
With the attractive set of labour conditions LAVA Therapeutics recognizes and rewards its talented and motivated employees. This includes the ability to work together with a group of highly experienced leaders and professionals, who all have a track-record of success in their field of business and in Life Science industry. We offer flexible working hours, a premium-free pension plan, 30 paid vacation days, opportunities for growth and development and a professional working environment, in which hard working is balanced with fun.
Our Core Values
Our company culture is built on five important Core Values: Innovation, Teamwork, Results-orientation, Flexibility and Fun. We understand that innovation is at the heart of what we do. We drive the ability to innovate and we all have a strong awareness about emerging scientific and business opportunities. We work closely as a team, have a constructive and collaborative mindset and we put the common interest of the company above our own individual interest. We have a strong orientation on results, we meet agreed goals in a timely and efficient manner and we deliver on our promises. We are flexible, adapt well to changing circumstances and work well under pressure. Finally, we all contribute to a safe, professional and enjoyable workplace in which people are treated respectfully and diversity is embraced.
How to apply
Please send your CV together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to the Senior Manager/ Associate Director Business Development vacancy.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.