Lava Therapeutics seeks a new team member:
Sr. Research Associate Immunology/Lab Manager
Lava Therapeutics (LAVA) is a start-up company that creates and develops next generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the curative treatment of cancer.
LAVA started its operations in 2017 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from the VU University Medical Center and Cancer Center Amsterdam. In 2018, LAVA raised €16 million EURO in its first major institutional financing round that will allow LAVA to develop lead candidates for clinical testing and broaden its pipeline and bispecific γδ T cell engager platform. Expanding our team with new, talented employees is key to LAVA’s future success. The company is located at the Science Park in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
LAVA offers you the opportunity to contribute to the development of new, highly innovative medicines for the treatment of cancer in a goal-oriented and stimulating environment in which teamwork, creativity, fun and personal development are central themes.
As Sr. Research Associate/Lab Manager you lead a team of research associates by example. You strengthen your team with your up-to-date knowledge of and experience in the field of immunology. You use your managerial skills and knowledge of safety and lab procedures to ensure that our laboratory operates smoothly. Managerial duties generally include scheduling staff, reordering supplies, and maintaining biological safety and security standards.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- A completed HLO education/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- An innovative, goal-oriented, flexible and collaborative mindset
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of immunological and molecular biological experimentation
- Is capable of running experiments in parallel and is able to work in a flexible manner
- Trains and mentors research associates on the correct use of lab equipment
- Ensures that employees follow industry laboratory standards and safety regulations
- Is responsible for storing, maintaining and distributing Lava’s compound and cell line collection
- Is responsible for maintaining an IT infrastructure that supports adequate reporting and archiving of lab experiments
- Implements and maintains a quality system that is fit-for-purpose for an industrial research laboratory
- 5+ years biotechnology industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Proven ability to work with research partners and/or CROs.
- Full time position
- Permanent position after one year temporary contract
- Salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards
T: +31 8 506 573 44 – KvK 6533 5740 – Yalelaan 60, 3584 CM Utrecht
Responses to email@example.com