Lava Therapeutics is looking for a new team member:
(Senior) Scientist CMC Technical Operations
Lava Therapeutics (LAVA) is a start-up company that creates and develops next generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the curative treatment of cancer.
LAVA started its operations in 2017 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from Dr. Hans van der Vliet’s group at the VU University Medical Center and Cancer Center Amsterdam. In 2018, LAVA raised EUR 16 million in its first major institutional financing round that will allow LAVA to develop a lead candidate for clinical testing and broaden its pipeline and bispecific γδ T cell engager platform. Expanding our team with new, talented, employees is key to LAVA’s future success. The company has offices in Utrecht and ‘s Hertogenbosch in The Netherlands.
As a (Senior) Scientist CMC Technical Operations in the development team you will:
- Participate as an integral member of the development team and work closely with the internal and external project teams and CMC management on the effective design, execution, and analysis of the experimental work to deliver the development program for LAVA drug candidates
- Assist in the technology transfer of processes/products to our CMOs. This role is highly focused on a scientific understanding of our products and processes. The execution of experiments will be performed at contract labs and CMOs, in a virtual environment
- Assist in the development of appropriate processes and analytical methods governing manufacture and testing of Drug Substance and Drug Product
- Assemble and maintain Product Development information repository to allow efficient retrieval of development reports, protocols, specifications, and other relevant documentation
- Design, manage, and interpret experiments for formulation and process development
- Monitor and communicate progress on outsourced activities through project meetings and planning tools
- Present data at CMC meetings and to management
- Represent LAVA’s interest in external project meetings
- Write and review development reports
- Write and review regulatory documentation enabling clinical testing (e.g. CTD sections and responses to health authority questions)
- Perform literature searches
- MSc or PhD in Biologics/Biotechnology
- 5-10 Years of relevant work experience in Biotechnological process development with a focus on cell culture/fermentation
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Excellent researcher; ability to identify and define problems, develop hypotheses, and develop and execute plans to solve the problem
- Experience in designing, executing, and analyzing experiments with a strong statistical focus
- Proven ability to learn and act on dynamic information at a rapid pace
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Full time position.
- Permanent position after one year temporary contract.
- Salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards.
For more information about this position, please contact Peter Machielsen, our Senior Director CMC Operations. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your response to email@example.com