LAVA seeks new team members:
Research Associate Protein Biochemistry
Lava Therapeutics (LAVA) is a start-up company that creates and develops next generation γδ T cell engaging bispecific antibodies for the curative treatment of cancer.
LAVA started its operations in 2017 and is advancing its proprietary platform and pipeline of bispecific therapeutic antibodies, building on cutting-edge research originating from the VU University Medical Center and Cancer Center Amsterdam. In 2018, LAVA raised €16 million EURO in its first major institutional financing round that will allow LAVA to develop lead candidates for clinical testing and broaden its pipeline and bispecific γδ T cell engager platform. Expanding our team with new, talented employees is key to LAVA’s future success. The company is located at the Science Park in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
LAVA offers you the opportunity to contribute to the development of new, highly innovative medicines for the treatment of cancer in a goal-oriented and stimulating environment in which teamwork, creativity, fun and personal development are central themes.
As a Research Associate you strengthen the team with your up-to-date knowledge and experience in protein biochemical techniques. You work closely together with scientists, a program manager and other research associates in various project teams. You are responsible for the correct and timely execution of experiments and the documentation of results. You share responsibility for optimal functioning and maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
- A completed HLO education or equivalent
- An innovative, goal-oriented, creative and collaborative mindset
- Experienced in protein biochemistry and relevant techniques
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of immunology
- Capable of running experiments in parallel and able to work in a flexible manner
- Recognizes the importance of working according to a quality system, which includes adhering to procedures and concisely documenting results
- 3+ years biotechnology industry experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Proven ability to work with research partners and/or CROs
- Full time position
- Permanent position after one year temporary contract
- Salary and benefits according to biotech industry standards
T: +31 8 506 573 44 – KvK 6533 5740 – Yalelaan 60, 3584 CM Utrecht
Responses to email@example.com